List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes in kapp
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-09-20 8:23:41

On man, 20 sep 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:
>> > I know, but "some" apps. it better that none. I really don't like idea of
>> > postponing this. Then I am afraid that it will never happen. I someone get so
>> > mad about the setCaption( kapp->makeStdCaption()) format and does somthing
>> > better. Fine, but in the meantime there is at least something that can be used.
>> >
>> > That was actually my initial idea. To have somthing that works until someone
>> > make somthing better.
>>
>> Hmm guys, what about a simple try before deciding which direction to take :
>> could one of you try to do this in the window manager (be it kwm or kwin, it
>> doesn't really matter, it can be moved later to the one we use at that time).
>> Just check if it's possible or not to do that there.
>> Then you'll know if you can go that way or if you have to implement it in kapp.
>
>Putting this function in kapp doesn't hurt. Even if we would later on move it to kwm.
>
>Cheers,
>Waldo

OK, I will commit the code this evening. It may not be perfect, but at least it
is usable. As I have said earlier, the method can simply be turned into an empty
inlined method later when (and if) kwm can do it in order not to break existing
code (I will use it asap ;)

I will also use it the the extended DialogBase (if I can get it into the kdeui)
I have already reimplemented setCaption() so the app Programmer will,
when using this base class, just use setCaption(captionWithNoAppName) anyway.

--
Espen Sand