List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes in kapp
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       1999-09-19 15:55:29

Using a plain setCaption() of course best. If that can be accomplished in a
general fashion for QDialog et al. then any other solution is inferiour. But in
the meantime I think it is best to at least have a solution at hand. Then, later
the makeStdCaption() can be turned into an empty inlined method that simply
returns the argument.

btw, I have for the extended DialogBase subclassed setCaption() to do just this.
The user just say setCaption( caption ) and out comes a caption with proper
format. When and if Mirko Sucker can decide if the extension is acceptable
(IT IS ;) then I will commit this to cvs. I use this in the version of khexedit
which I will upload later  today. Dialog creation has become very easy after
after I began using this class. It is named CDialogCore in khexedit.

--
Espen Sand