List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ALWAYS FREE?
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-13 19:38:29

#if Steffen Hansen
> I hate to bring up the licencing issue again, but the example and tutorial
> code shouldn't be GPL. It should be less restrictive -- people should be
> allowed to use example code in any way they wish.

I hardly think it matters for small examples - are there any large examples
which are likely to be extended / used to some degree and cause the author
to worry about using the original example code ?

I can't see a reason to GPL them either, but I also can't see a pressing
need to remove the license. Correct me. If there's a good reason to remove
the license, I'm sure the author(s) will oblidge.

Cheers,
Rik