List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: more on KDE keybinding standard
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-09-13 15:26:00

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Dima Rogozin wrote:

> Hi, everybody,
>
> I saw your discussion on KDE list about KDE menu standards and I'd
> like to make some comments. I have analyzed menu style if KDE 1.1.2
> applications. Below are some points which should be considered/fixed
> (for KDE 2.0, of couse)
>
> IMHO, menu style of applications should be as uniform and
> consistent as possible.
>
> I have cvs access and I think I can try to fix the problems below if
> the KDE team desided it should be done.
>
> Hope it would be of any help for you,
> Dima.

Hi Dima,

Thank you for your work! It looks good.

I would like to see some arguments in favour of Exit/Ctrl-E and Quit/Ctrl-Q.

My personal taste is in favour of having Ctrl-Q as shortcut instead of Ctrl-E.
That would mean we should use Quit as name for the menu.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
They say jump! and you say how heigh?
You're braindead, you've got a fucking bullet in y'r head.