List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Docking support in KDE 2
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-09-07 8:24:29

Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna@total.net> wrote:

> Gnome uses CORBA, which is an incredible overkill.

I don't mean the frontend but the backend.

> I didn't know E has applets.

[looking into it]

Well, it seems like E supports the docking mechanism of WindowMaker,
which is again compatible to the way GNOME apps implement docking
requests.

Imho we should be compatible to it if possible.

> Making gnome-compatible applets is not possible in the actual setup,
> AFAIK.

It should be possible, as neither E nor WM use CORBA.

--
Dirk A. Mueller