List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       Robert Williams <rwilliams () jrc-utah ! com>
Date:       1999-09-06 18:40:00

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Robert Williams wrote:
>
> > Well here in the states if you are caught with a certain amount of Marijuana you get at
> > least 5 years in jail.  I would not keep this image in KDE.  Who knows what type of
> > problems this will amount to.  With my governments war on drugs and all...
> >
> > I am sure this is not a problem in the other parts of the world where drugs are more
> > accepted, but here in the states thousands of people die every year because of crime
> > related to drugs. Just look at our jail system, 50% are drug related.
> >
> > My personal opinion is it is stupid to put people in jail for using Marijuana, but that
> > is the way it is here now.
> >
> Again - this picture shows hemp, not Marijuana. There is not even a
> single blossom
> on the picture. It's just leafs. No drugs! Plants! Plants are the thing
> that make oxygen -
> the thing you need to survive. Drugs are the things people take to
> forget they live in
> the USA! ;)

I know it is not Marijuana, remember I live in Hawaii now :-)  But still some people might
this of it as Marijuana, just trying to head off any future problems.

But if this list does not care about the American market, go for it...

Low blow on the forget living the USA :-)

P.S.  I personally use this image as a background.

--
Robert Williams              rwilliams@jrc-utah.com
Jarob Consulting             rwilliams@kde.org