List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: the end of KOffice?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-09-05 8:35:58

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 11:50:43AM +0200, Frank Baumgart wrote:

Hi,

> Yes, it looks very nice, not only because it is programmed by Cameron
> Diaz :-)

yeah, that's some nice motivation to work on it, isn't it? :-P

> We already had some contact about that some while ago ;-)

Oups, sorry to bring up the topic again ;o)

> Regarding xv this is the "visual schnauzer", allowing me to sort stuff
> or
> the color dialog with some functions like histogram equalization and
> individual color channels. KFM is not even an alternative for sorting as
> it is slow, does not provide visual feedback on DND operations, creates
> much worse looking thumbnails than xv, lacks usable keyboard support
> etc.

Hmmyes - I still have a thumbnail-mode in my TODO for kuickshow, but
haven't found the time. However histogram equalization and color channels
is not something I would see fit into an image _viewer_, but that's just
my opinion.

> At last, I can invoke xv by simply typing "xv file", compared to
> "kuick<TAB> file", btw. "kv" is still unoccupied ;-)

Hehe, but alias kv=kuickshow isn't too hard, either, is it? :-}

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/