List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help making net application
From:       Michael Koch <mkoch () heaven ! riednet ! wh ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       1999-09-03 5:55:17

Hi,

Some time ago someone here announced a project named Colombo which will be a
general search app for KDE. I shall be a internet searcher too. Please contact
the comlombo people for working together. It's better to make one really good
project than two average apps with the same features.

Ciao,
Michael

Am Fre, 03 Sep 1999 schrieb RODOLFO CONDE:
> Hi...
>
> 	Just some weeks ago i subscribed to this list because i want  to make a net
> application for KDE-2 as i'm learning QT-2 from scratch...the application is
> similar to Copernic99 for windows9x, if you have not seen it, this program it
> receives some words about something you want to look for in the internet (www,
> nesgroups, etc) and then it contacts simultaneously lots of server to ask them
> for the words given by you...and all the results are  stored in a single html
> file....
>
> 	Yes i want to do something like this for kde, but i don't know how exactly
> ask the server to give me answers...i tried a little text mode program and
> tried this:
>

> 	/* connected now send the string to the server */
>
> 	write(servsock, "GET /cgi-bin/query?pg=mp3+dragonball+ftp&kl=XX&....
> HTTP/1.0" somesize);
>
> 	/* Now write the answer to a file */
>
> 	while ((i = read(servsock, buffer, sizeof(buffer))) > 0)
> 	write(filed, buffer, i);
>
> 	But like this only www.altavista.com answered me...the other didn't say a
> thing....
>

> 	so then please can  you point me to how to make this process so that all
> servers answer the query ?? What do i require ?? implement more HTTP or CGI
> ??? What to send exactly to the servers ?? info, url's ??
>
> 	Please lend some help...
>

> 	thanks for reading and hope this was the right place to ask for this.....???
>

> thanks...Greeting...
>

> P.D. please reply to the mailing list as i'm subscribed with other e-mail
> address...
>
> fito
> --
> fito@telebot.net

Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch