List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: the end of KOffice?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-09-02 7:46:09

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 07:13:31AM +0200, Frank Baumgart wrote:

Hi,

> I'm looking forward to see Koffice progress, though I'm missing an
> image/paint application more than a WP. Unfortunately, there is not
> much in this area, the KDE programs I have seen are not useful at
> all while the GIMP is very powerful but usability-wise a piece of
> crap (sorry). So the best bet is still xpaint (sigh).

for the short term, mosfet said he was working on kpaint to make it more
usable (xpaint-like).
For the long term, there is KImageShop, which is aimed to be a more usable
Photoshop clone than Gimp, integrated into KOffice. It's in the koffice
module in cvs and progressing quite nicely.

> The same goes for image viewers, there is no KDE-app even near xv
> feature-wise as well as usability-wise.

I don't know what features you like in xv, but I'd recommend KuickShow as
a fast imageviewer (I might be a little biased, tho ;o)

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/