List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-08-31 20:59:35

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 08:31:15PM +0100, zander@microweb.nl wrote:

Hi,

> Can anyone point me to a manual of the cvs repositry?

there is always `man cvs', but there is also a VERY extensive faq
somewhere (got it somewhere off the web, mail me if you can't find it).
If you know German, you could try http://www.linux-magazin.de and search
for cvs, they had a short series of a tutorial a year ago or so.

> I would like to download the konquerer file manager since the snapshot doesn't
> compile. (from ftp.kde.org the 0828 bzip2 file)

As long as you don't have a real cvs account (there is no anonymous cvs),
you need to use cvsup (see http://www.kde.org/cvsup.html).

> I would like to know what to configure in cvs to retreive sources from a local
> mirror. I have CVS, and know how to use it (well with local repositories anyway)

There is no difference between local or remote repositories, just set the
appropriate CVSROOT - that's all.

> BTW. Hi all, im new to the list, would like to participate in the kde2 project
> etc.

Welcome aboard :o) Do you have any ideas or preferences where to start
already?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--