List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New KDE Dock Applet
From:       ian geiser <geiseri1234 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-08-30 20:40:33

> Oh, just what I needed.  I too have a couple applets
> I've thrown
> together, not working completely yet though.  I was
> just starting to
> implement downloading stuff from web pages, so this
> will hopefully make
> that easier to learn. :)

	i am cheating in the way that i am using KFM
	to download the file.  KFM is damn nice for an
	api but i guess the ease of programing makes
	for a lack of features.

	if anyone on the list can direct an easy yet
	stable way to transfer files less painfully
	than KSocket please post it.  The main problem
	i have with KFM is it brings a window to the
	front of the screen. This is a real hassel
	when one is TRYING to play XEvil :P

	thanks

	-ian reinhart geiser

	p.s. Kudos to the guys and gals who did KFM
		It is a DAMN fine lib to work with.
===
Ian Reinhart Geiser
http://www.msoe.edu/~geiseri