List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ODBC interfaces
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-08-26 14:00:00

I know there's ongoing work to provide a nice OO wrapper for ODBC, but, to
follow one of the tenets of KDE development, there is already one that may
be cool to use:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/5802/oodbc/readme.htm

Introduction

OODBC is object interface built above ODBC API for C++ language. The
primary goal of OODBC is to provide a flexible and convenient interface to
relational databases for C++ language. Anyone who has to use ODBC or
similar SQL interfaces will understand what I am speaking about. In OODBC
a query can be written in C++ in the following way:

    dbQuery q;
    dbCursor<Contract> contracts;
    dbCursor<Supplier> suppliers;
    int price, quantity;
    SQL_DATE_STRUCT delivery;
    q = "(price >=",price,"or quantity >=",quantity,
        ") and delivery <=", delivery;

    // input price, quantity and delivery values

    if (contracts.select(q) != 0) {
        while (contracts.fetch());
        do {
            contract.print();
        }
    }

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)