List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS problems
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-08-20 20:32:35

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

> Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net> wrote:
>
> > Zeus may be all that we have *right now*, but it's on a flaky network
> > connection,
>
> Well, are you sure that the fault is on the side of zeus' inet
> connection and not on yours?

Again, yes.

1.) When my ISP screws up, it screws up in a big way, and prevents access
to everything, not just a few hand picked sites.  Take last night.  They
managed to down every dialup within a ten mile radius of where I am right
now for no good reason.

2.) I looked at the traceroutes, and they've died in Germany somewhere,
indicating that this is not a problem on my end.

3.) When it works, it saturates my connection (33.6 modem), so it's not
network *speed* that's the problem.  It's the reliability.  Or what about
when the sysadmin decides to mirror a few GB and the /usr (or whatever)
partition fills up?

> I've never had any connection problems.

I'm just saying that it would be nice to have a CVS server that *someone*
can fix in say a matter of hours, and not days.

- alex