List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Application Server again, any need, guys?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-08-20 11:10:52

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Gabor Szentivanyi wrote:
> What I need is just a few hints if you think KConfig/KRegistry is a good
> place to start and there is a need for this. I just don't want to spend my
> time on something that is either useless or target of general discontent
> right from the beginning:-) . Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> Gabor

We have KConfigBackend which implements the actual storage
for KConfig. Storing this into some sort of database instead of the
filesystem seems like a worthwhile option to me.

In some cases KConfig is called with pathnames that might give you some
problems...

The other stuff I don't know much about.

Cheers,
Waldo