List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE KXicq 0.3.90Beta test version
From:       Herwin Jan Steehouwer <herwinjs () palet ! nl>
Date:       1999-08-11 13:08:12

Hi,

Today I have release a Test/Beta version of the upcomming KXicq 0.4.0.

This version is a total rewrite of the KXicq 0.3.1 in C++, new functions
and what is working:

* UDP protocol version 5
* Sending and retreiving of Messages and URL, it also supports retreiving
  of all other ICQ messages ( like Pager, Authorization requests etc but
  they are not shown !)
* Search and Add users ( no fancy Dialog yet ! )
* new Registration wizard !!
* new Histrory views in all of the messages dialogs !
* Invisible and Visible Lists ( also update per contacts ! )
* new User friendly Tool Tips ( not 100% working yet )
* Key configuration
* More i tink ;-)

This version has not a TCP protocol stack for Chat etc. but that will
follow soon !

This version works under Linux ( tested i386 ) and Solaris ( tested i386 )
Alpha is not yet tested but must work or i have forget some
unsigned long changes to Q_UINT32 ;_)

Please test this version and let me know what you think !

This is also a request for pleople who wanne Help me with optimizing this
version ( eg Memory consuming etc ), write documentation and make some
COOOL Icons

Good luck !!

Herwin Jan Steehouwer
  herwinjs@palet.nl                    http://www.kxicq.org