List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE_1_1_BRANCH : kdebase compile error with gcc 2.95 / glibc 2.1.1
From:       Alexander Feigl <Alexander.Feigl () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-08-06 10:52:31

Hello!

After applying changes for autoconf (gcc 2.95 problems) I started to compile
the KDE packages in the KDE_1_1_BRANCH. (fetched today morning with cvsup)

My system:

glibc 2.1.1
gcc 2.95
qt 1.44
XFree86 3.9.15 (4.0 alpha)

kdesupport compiles without problems

kdelibs compiles without problems

kdebase: kcontrol/kcontrol/mainwidget.cpp has a compile error. cuserid() is no
longer defined with glibc 2.1.1 unless you do some special defines. In the
include file there is a note that cuserid() should not be used and might go
away some time. Replacing cuserid() with getlogin() does not work
Another problem is pics/large  there are some .xpm missing and make install
stops

As soon as I have spare time I will compile the other packages too.

Greetings

Alexander