List:       kde-devel
Subject:    TESTERS WANTED! - kdvi with updated kpathsea. (Urgent for 1.1.2?
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () mciworld ! com>
Date:       1999-08-03 11:09:32

This message is in MIME format

Hi,

The fixes to kdvi to make it work with the recent kpathsea library
(instated of the really old one it comes with..)  turn out to be very
small - a few lines  (Thanks to Mark Davies, mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ )

It fixes the glibc-2.1.1 issue that has broken kdvi, and puts in
more font substitution stuff (Truetype etc) that some people need...

I think we should get this into KDE-1.1.2.

Please could people test, using the kdegraphics-1.1.2pre-19990720.tar.bz2
snapshot from ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/...   plus the
attached patch, plus the latest  kpathsea distribution.

and I put a 220K bz2'ed tarfile kdegraphics-kpathsea-update.tar.bz2 at
ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming  for your convenience.
(ignore kdegraphics-kpathsea.tar.bz2, which I uploaded earlier, its missing some
stuff).

to make the source:
(1) take the kdegraphics-1.1.2pre-19990720.tar.bz2 snapshot from
ftp,kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/snapshots

unpack it, and delete the directories kdegraphics/kdvi/kpathsea and
kdegraphics/kdvi/make

(2) untar the file kdegraphics-kpathsea-update.tar.bz2  which I put at
ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming.  It contains  kpathsea from the latest
teTeX-1.0.6 distribution at
ftp://ctan.tug.org/tex-archives/systems/unix/teTeX/1.0/sources

This puts in the new kdvi/kpathsea and kdvi/make

(3) apply the small attached patch, with Mark's fix to adjust kdvi/dviwin.cpp
to the new kpathsea.

(apply the patch last.)

Please compile and test kdvi in the usual way.

Thanks

Duncan
duncan@kde.org

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@mciworld.com>