List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: Franz Sir'l's kvt bugfix patch works - lets
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-02 0:46:45

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Duncan Haldane wrote:

> *** Can I add it to the CVS now ? (for the kde-1.1.2 release ?) *****
> (Does Franz + me make the required two-person stamp of approval ?),
> I have cvs acces and will add it if nobody objects .....

OK. If you're still unsure, you can post the patch here (if not too big)
or send it to me for third review. If you're certain all's OK, just apply
it.

> (1) kdvi also went bad on glibc-2.1; it seems that its autoconf test in the
> kpathsea directory  incorrectly  says that glibc-2.1.1 putenv() does not use malloc().
> Peter Putzer has supplied me a patch that just overides the autoconf test, and forces
> the definition of SMART_PUTENV on glibc >= 2.1 systems.    (kdvi functions
> perfectly again on RedHat 6.0
> if kpathsea/xputenv.c is compiled with SMART_PUTENV defined.)

Well, make Coolo aware of this. Overriding the test isn't that OK. Maybe
Coolo will know what's wrong with autoconf's test for putenv() related to
glibc-2.1 (isn't this incompatibility between glibc-2.1 and the previous
insanely lame?)

> (2) some minor Makefile.am omissions
> $(makeinstalldirs) ${kde_icondir)/large
> had the "/large" missing in kdegraphics/kview and ksnapshot
> and korganizer/src/pixmaps.   I fixed this in the cvs.
> (someone else had already fixed ksnapshop).

OK. I saw you did this and said. Wow, it's cool some people still are
awake :-) Congrats and thanks.

> (3) the new kcontrol/kthememgr lacked help documents when the "help" button was pressed.
> I have added the missing help doc framework to the CVS, but the docs for two screens
> need to be written up in more detail (kdebase/doc/kcontrol/kthememgr/kthememgr.sgml is now
> in place, but needs more information added to it).
>
> There is also an empty html "users handbook" for kthememgr which needs some content ..
> Since kthememgr is a new addition to the kde-1.1.2 release, it will need more
> testing ...

This is a known issue. Thanks for saying it LOUD :-)

Let's hope people will take it into account.

Cristian