List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: EPS with QPainter?
From:       Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-07-29 19:14:44

David Sweet <dsweet@Glue.umd.edu>
> I've been able to create PostScript (.ps) files with QPrinter.  Is there a
> way to create EPS files?  Is there some derivative of QPainter which
> allows this? Thanks.

If you write a one-page file with a clip rectangle, you'll get a
bounding box.

We use the clip rectangle instead of computing the actual bounding
rectangle of the non-background pixels because it's easier to
implement, not significantly harder to use (I presumes that you know
what you're painting), and also because it allows a bit more.

For example it's possible to make five equally-large EPS files with
different content, even though one of them might not use the entire
rectangle.

--Arnt