David Sweet > I've been able to create PostScript (.ps) files with QPrinter. Is there a > way to create EPS files? Is there some derivative of QPainter which > allows this? Thanks. If you write a one-page file with a clip rectangle, you'll get a bounding box. We use the clip rectangle instead of computing the actual bounding rectangle of the non-background pixels because it's easier to implement, not significantly harder to use (I presumes that you know what you're painting), and also because it allows a bit more. For example it's possible to make five equally-large EPS files with different content, even though one of them might not use the entire rectangle. --Arnt