List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-07-29 15:00:05

David Sweet wrote:
> Cool... so do you have a rule of thumb for estimating the number of
> developers?  I'd like to write about these numbers.

Not really :-(

I tend to say "hundreds" or "thousands" depending on my mood.  One of the
tough things, here, is answering the "who is a developer?" question.  If
you refer specifically to people working regularily on the core KDE
systems, then the answer is definitely less than 100.  When you factor in
those that submit patches, then the answer is probably between 100 and
1000.

However, when you expand the criteria to "anybody developing anything to do
with KDE", then it becomes impossible to even *guess* the numbers...
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth