List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       José Carlos Santos Ruiz <a930334 () santandersupernet ! com>
Date:       1999-07-29 14:38:42

El Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Leon Widdershoven escribió:
>Stephan Kulow wrote:
>>
>> Ming Poon wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > I was just informed by our UI design team that the word 'Trash' and the
>> > Trash icon are trademarks of the Apple Macontish and cannot be used. As
>> > Apple can go after us (Corel) legally, we will be changing some of the
>> > problematic icons in our version of KDE that may have certain legal
>> > implications. For the Trash, we are thinking of using the word Dumpster
>> > and a dark green Dumpster icon. Any thought on this icon and stupid
>> > trademark issues. Thanks.
>> >
>> You can trademark words? I don't think so. And the icon is not even
>> borrowed
>> from Apple. The only thing the can have trademarked is the service, but
>> then it doesn't help you to call it different.
>>
>> Greetings, Stephan
>
>Sorry, but you CAN trademark words, sentences and parts thereof. That's
>really no problem. The problem is that people really do it.

	Yes, i.e. Intell start calling to their processors "pentium", and not
i586 because of any other can call to their processors 586. Don't you remember
there war an i486, an AMD 486, etc, but there is only one Pentium, one Pentium
II...?

--
José Carlos Santos.
a930334@santandersupenet.com		Que alguien llame a Descartes