List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LinuxWorld Award and KDE-2.0
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-07-29 13:29:10

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Mosfet wrote:
>Things do work for a lot of people. I have had no problems with kded, kpanel,
>or konq. If there are problems we really do need more information to fix them

KConfig:

When saving configs checkAccess (or how this function is called) always
returns FALSE, which means KConfig doesn't save. If I remove the checkAccess
calls it at least saves configs. For reading configs, I'll look at this closer
tonight.

kded:

If I start kded and don't remove ~/.kde/share/config/kregistry before I get lots
of debug output like

kiolib (KRegistry): Oooops

and then

Aborted

In konqy I get "Unknown protocol "file"" if I e.g. enter "file:/usr" or so. And
malformed URL for e.g. "http://www.kde.org". And yes, I have installed all
protocols and so on.

Need more infos?

--