List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS module listing?
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-29 10:52:13

"Byron C. Servies" wrote:

> What is the address of the cvs server?   I am trying to come up to speed on
> KDE2/Koffice and using the snapshots and diffs is, well, challenging.  I've seen a
> lot of information on using cvsup on the KDE web sites, but nothing on straight
> cvs.
>
> I cannot use cvsup as I am working on LinuxPPC, which does not have a modula-3
> compiler (I'm not willing to port the assembly that seems to be required by the
> compilers I found on the net).

That's pretty unfortunate. Especially since most cvsup users probably
took the binary version. I vaguely remember having problems with the
sources.

> I'm not asking for write access, just an easier way to keep up to date with the
> tools available to me.

Due to limited capacity direct access to the CVS is restricted to do
those needing write access. An anonymous read-only server would require
someone setting up a mirror with enough bandwith.

Harri.