List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Usage of 2.0 [Re: LinuxWorld Award and KDE-2.0]
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-07-29 9:40:46

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> On ons, 28 jul 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> >
> >Have a glass of champagne if you feel like it. Then take your time, compile
> >KDE-2.0 and start using it, please. Given the current stability of the code it
> >doesn't seem that many developers actually use it. Instead, I get the feeling
> >many people develop KDE-2.0 while still running KDE-1.x. I'm guilty for
> >doing this a well, shame on me. It is for sure a bad thing and nothing that will
> >help us to get the code on track again.
> >

> True. It is soon two weeks since I last compiled what I need to do porting and
> adjustments. What is the state of the background window? I HATE the floating
> behavior (maybe I am irrational).  I just go into that environment to verify
> that what I do works outside 1.1.x  (which it always do, no surprises yet)

I'm not sure what you mean with "background window", but assuming you're
talking of kdesky and it's root icons then it looks like this:

The standalone window disappeard and it looks now just like the real root
window (although it's just a maximized window without borders) . dnd is
broken on it ( Dirk - you did some hacking with kdesky - did you try this,
yet? I couldn't manage to get it working) , the rest works fine
(popupmenu, LMB click, etc.)

Ciao,
 Simon