List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Usage of 2.0 [Re: LinuxWorld Award and KDE-2.0]
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-07-29 8:53:05

On ons, 28 jul 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

>Have a glass of champagne if you feel like it. Then take your time, compile
>KDE-2.0 and start using it, please. Given the current stability of the code it
>doesn't seem that many developers actually use it. Instead, I get the feeling
>many people develop KDE-2.0 while still running KDE-1.x. I'm guilty for
>doing this a well, shame on me. It is for sure a bad thing and nothing that will
>help us to get the code on track again.

True. It is soon two weeks since I last compiled what I need to do porting and
adjustments. What is the state of the background window? I HATE the floating
behavior (maybe I am irrational).  I just go into that environment to verify
that what I do works outside 1.1.x  (which it always do, no surprises yet)

--
Espen Sand