List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       Steffen Hansen <stefh () mip ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-07-27 21:53:07

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, David Sweet wrote:

> Well "dumpster" is SGI's word, but do they care if we use it?  Microsoft
> uses "Recycle bin". How about:
> 	"Wastebasket"
> 	"Garbage"/ "Garbage Can"
> 	"Refuse"
> 	"Remove file(s)"
> for captions?

IIRC my good old Amiga had a something that looked quite similar to
Apple's and was called "Trashcan".

NeXT has a "Recycler", hasn't it? (I suppose Mr. Jobs knew they couldn't
call it Trash ;-)

This whole thing is so unbelievably stupid that i right now thing the best
thing would be an icon with a picture of a toilet and the text "Crap"!

But anyway, thanks Ming for pointing out the problem. It's important that
problems like this get solved.

greetings,
--
Steffen Hansen