List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: FWD: bug in krn
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-07-27 10:40:40

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

> I've forwarded this from Russell Coker, although I'm buggered if I know
> why he couldn't send it himself ;)

Ok, thanks :-)

> Subject: bug in krn
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:01:53 +0100 (BST)
> From: russell@coker.com.au (Russell Coker)
>
> Please forward to kde-devel
>
> In kdenetwork of kde1.1.1 the KRN seems to not support MIME encoding properly
> or at all.  It seems to decode a mime file and display it in the window, but
> when the mime file is a Word document that doesn't do much good.
> My situation is that I have a news server full of Word documents.  Currently
> my viewing method is to tell krn to save to disk and then run uudeview to
> extract the data...

Click on the decode button and it does exactly the same thing. In fact it
uses the uudeview engine :-)

> Has this been fixed for 1.1.2 or 2.0 releases of KDE?
>

> Russell Coker
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> --
> Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
> "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to
> reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at
> the same time improving their spelling". -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)