List:       kde-devel
Subject:    FWD: bug in krn
From:       Paul Dwerryhouse <paul () xenu ! ee ! mu ! oz ! au>
Date:       1999-07-27 11:28:06

I've forwarded this from Russell Coker, although I'm buggered if I know
why he couldn't send it himself ;)

----- Forwarded message from Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> -----

Subject: bug in krn
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:01:53 +0100 (BST)
From: russell@coker.com.au (Russell Coker)

Please forward to kde-devel

In kdenetwork of kde1.1.1 the KRN seems to not support MIME encoding properly
or at all.  It seems to decode a mime file and display it in the window, but
when the mime file is a Word document that doesn't do much good.
My situation is that I have a news server full of Word documents.  Currently
my viewing method is to tell krn to save to disk and then run uudeview to
extract the data...

Has this been fixed for 1.1.2 or 2.0 releases of KDE?

Russell Coker

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to