List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Icons for apps?
From:       Jan Ekholm <chakie () infa ! abo ! fi>
Date:       1999-07-23 14:28:09

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Oliver Schrempf wrote:

>There is the KDE Artists Group which can be contaced via the kde-artists
>mailinglist, or via our guru ;-) Torsten Rahn (torsten@kde.org).
>
>At the moment we are very bussy making icons for the 1.2 (1.1.2?) Release, but
>when this is over (hopefully soon :-)) there are people who can help you!

Thanks, it would be wonderful to have something tailor-made to suit my
application, but I don't want to create trouble and/or work for anyone.
Especially as I can't be sure that I'll ever get my app ready for real
use...

I think it could be nice to have some kind of 'icon-store' where anyone
can dump icons they've made. I'm sure you artists too try to make an icon
to suit some specific need, and when it doesn't turn out good you scrap it
and start over. If you then could be able to save the icon you'd scrap it
could perhaps be suitable for some totally different purposes?