List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Krash release (was Re: last style from Mosfet)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-19 14:52:42

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Mosfet wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > The release is meant for developers not for non-developers.
> >
> > Sorry, this is not true. The developers are using cvs or cvsup. The only point
> > in making a public release is for users.
>
> Weeeell... not really.  Don't confuse the "official" KDE developers (those
> working on kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork, etc) with "all" developers.  I am
> guessing that there are a lot more of the latter than the former.
>
> Those of us that work with the core stuff do use cvs[up].. but I'm sure
> that most "KDE application" developers would much prefer a release as it
> implies that some things are stable and their work wouldn't be wasted.

Stable as in "The API is stable" and not as in "The application is stable".

DISCLAIMER:
Developers shouldn't count on application which work with 'Krash' will
work with 2.0 (Kopernicus) as well though. It's just that the conversion
from 'Krash' to 'Kopernicus' should be relative easy.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"