List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Krash release (was Re: last style from Mosfet)
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-07-19 14:47:13

Mosfet wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > The release is meant for developers not for non-developers.
>
> Sorry, this is not true. The developers are using cvs or cvsup. The only point
> in making a public release is for users.

Weeeell... not really.  Don't confuse the "official" KDE developers (those
working on kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork, etc) with "all" developers.  I am
guessing that there are a lot more of the latter than the former.

Those of us that work with the core stuff do use cvs[up].. but I'm sure
that most "KDE application" developers would much prefer a release as it
implies that some things are stable and their work wouldn't be wasted.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth