List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc-2.95 vs. KDE_1_1_BRANCH
From:       Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel () lauterbach ! com>
Date:       1999-07-15 22:05:16

Am Don, 15 Jul 1999 schrieb Harri Porten:
>Franz Sirl wrote:
>kdesupport hasn't changed a lot but the compiler has ;).

Ah, I see. Our distribution is based on RH6.0, so JPEG, GIF and gdbm are
disabled for the build :-). And I think RH plugs in some own stuff into
kdesupport as well. And this setup builds just fine for me. Maybe you should
take a look or contact Preston Brown.

>That's okay. I was just giving you that hint in case the dir was really
>missing at the time you cvsup'ed.

I removed the "sl" subdir from po/Makefile.am and it works now. kdegames built
fine and problem-free with gcc-2.95.

>Ok. Ok. The "broken pixmaps" were caused by me forgetting to enable gif
>support in Qt when I recompiled it today. It's working now and I applied
>the fixes to the CVS.

Thanks.

>> BTW, is Matthias away? I've sent some big-endian and sound fixes to him, but
>> haven't heard anything back yet.
>
>Matthias H-K ? Haven't heard anything from him for quite a while now,
>too. Consider submitting your fixes to bugs.kde.org in the meantime.

You mean bugs@kde.org? Yes, I will do so then, I wanna make sure these patches
end up in 1.1.2, especially since KDE looks really ugly on big-endian machines
with higher colordepths due to the broken titlebar shading :-).

Franz.