List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc-2.95 vs. KDE_1_1_BRANCH
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-15 20:53:00

Franz Sirl wrote:

> >However the 19990712
> >behaves somehow strangely. Declarations like fdopen() and gethostname()
> >seem to be missing although the relevant headers are included. Known
> >problem ?
>
> For which package? If it's kdelibs, you may need a patched autoconf-2.13, I've

Mostly kdesupport. I haven't figured out what was going on, yet.

> attached the patch I use (sorry, I did forget to mention it).

I'm using 2.14 but I'll look at your patch anyway and others may benifit
from it as well. Thanks.

> I didn't test kdesupport yet, cause the old 1.1.1 package didn't fail for me
> and I didn't think that it changed a lot, I'll try it now.

kdesupport hasn't changed a lot but the compiler has ;).

> >In case your cvs update isn't complete or the dir is really missing
> >simply take `po' out of kdegame's Makfile.
>
> Ah, ok. I'm still quite new to KDE cvs builds. I use the following sequence to
> build tar.gz files fitting our distribution building:

That's okay. I was just giving you that hint in case the dir was really
missing at the time you cvsup'ed.

> >> ---
> >> kdetoys:
> >> make[2]: Entering directory /home/fsirl/kdetoys/BUILD/kdetoys/mouse'
> >> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/qt
> >> -I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fsigned-char -c kodo.cpp
> >> In file included from kodo.h:11,
> >>                   from kodo.cpp:112:
> >> gridbag.h:93: ANSI C++ forbids initialization of member RELATIVE'
> >> gridbag.h:93: making RELATIVE' static
> >
> >I wonder how this compiled before. I've fixed this and some `const'
> >errors on my disc but I can't get kodo to work (broken pixmaps?) so I
> >won't commit my patches yet. Can anyone confirm that the program works
> >*now* ?

Ok. Ok. The "broken pixmaps" were caused by me forgetting to enable gif
support in Qt when I recompiled it today. It's working now and I applied
the fixes to the CVS.

> BTW, is Matthias away? I've sent some big-endian and sound fixes to him, but
> haven't heard anything back yet.

Matthias H-K ? Haven't heard anything from him for quite a while now,
too. Consider submitting your fixes to bugs.kde.org in the meantime.

Harri.