List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: found something again... KPanel (I think)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-07-15 9:45:35

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:
> At 11.30 15/07/99 +0200, you wrote:
> >I can confirm this. Second ESC never closes the menu.
> >This is especially fun when autohide is activated.
> >
> >On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Stefan van den Oord wrote:
> >>
> >>I'm sorry, but that's not true. I can hit ESC as many times as I
> >>want, but the K menu does not disappear.
>
> I guess that happens because kpanel has no focus. If you click anywhere
> on the panel, it gains the focus again and will close the menu.

Couldn't the same be done i.e. have kpanel gain the focus when ALT-F1 (
whatever the key binding for the K->menu ) is pressed ?  In fact,  wouldn't
doing this properly solve this problem since the panel would have the correct
z-order ( focus order ) ?

> The problem could be solved setting the focus to the panel when nothing
> is active, i.e. when the user clicks on the desktop.

No. It currently works somewhat okay if no application is active.  Well,
pressing ESC the first time cancels the mini-command box when it should
actually close the K->menu. Then the second ESC closes the mini-command
box. However, this should work in reverse if proper Z-ordering is followed,
correct ?  It is somewhat analogous LIFO scenarios.

Regards,
Dawit A.