List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: found something again... KPanel (I think)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-07-15 9:35:25

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Stefan van den Oord wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:
> > The problem could be solved setting the focus to the panel when nothing
> > is active, i.e. when the user clicks on the desktop.
>
> That doesn't solve the problem, because when I click in an
> application (thus giving it focus, and not the desktop), the K menu
> should disappear as well.

Ahhhh.  I see what you mean.  I could now duplicate it.  The problem occurs
if an application currently has the focus and I follow the steps you
outlined.  It somewhat works ( at least for me ) if no apps are visible or
all of them are minimized.

I think giving kpanel the focus when ALT-F1 is pressed should solve this
problem.  However, I do not know what kind of implications, if any, this would
have.

Regards,
Dawit A.