List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DND in kpanel (was Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu)
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-07-14 15:17:12

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:

> I know that using an extra key for DND is not in the UI guidelines, but
> I prefer a solution that is a bit incoherent, but less annoying. Note that
> latest MS systems have the same problem we are discussing.

Actually, using the key modifier is not so bad.  MS uses key modifier like
ctrl, alt, and shift to do different types of drags in the explorer for
instance (indicating a move, copy, etc.).

I hope that konqueror gets this feature so we can avoid the (sometimes
pesky and other times useful) drop menu if so desired.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.