List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu
From:       "John Zedlewski" <zedlwski () Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       1999-07-13 13:59:58

> we didn't talk about this issue, but wouldn't it be easier to allow to
> modify the panel menu just by drag&dropping items on it, in other ways
> trying to make kmenuedit obsolete? And removing items by pressing right
> mouse button on the entry you want to remove and select "remove from
> panel"?

I totally agree that KMenuEdit is too complicated as it stands now.  I would
at least suggest using the right-click pop-up menu idea to add or delete
menu items or categories.  I'm not entirely sure about the drag-and-drop, as
there's nothing I hate more than trying to simply click on an item and
accidentally dragging it out of its normal slot.

--JZ