List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-13 11:09:48

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >

> > And it will be added again once another application is published?
> > Why not create a .desktop entry for the application with a flag
> > indicating that the user doesn't want to see this application?
>
> I don't think, that's a good solution. When the sysadmin installs
> a broken .desktop file I may disable it for me as it doesn't work
> anyway. But if the sysadmin installs a working version, I want to
> try it at least :)

No.. the point is that if you delete application A. It will reappear
once the sysadmin installs application B. Unless I missed something.

I think it can be made that you get a notification when a application
you have marked 'deleted' gets updated by the system administrator.
(It means you have to keep the modification date in the .desktop
file as well, and check on startup whether the 'Origin' is newer)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"