List:       kde-devel
Subject:    improved Qt/KDE reuse patterns -- over 100 KDE applications mined
From:       Amir Michail <amir () cs ! washington ! edu>
Date:       1999-07-12 18:02:41

Hi,

I have made the following improvements to the Qt/KDE reuse patterns
page:

* over 100 KDE applications analyzed (including KOffice)
* applications are grouped in categories now
* better instructions
* better pruning of rules
* UI completely redone; simpler browsing

I wanted to emphasize that the point of this work is to make it easy
for developers to find sample application code to demonstrate how to
reuse various library components by example.  The statistics are not
that important.

Of course, this approach can also be helpful for developers of the
Qt/KDE libraries.  Specifically, by browsing typical reuse of library
components, you can see how people have been using your libraries.
This may be helpful in improving these libraries in the future.

Any suggestions on this work are welcome!

The web page is:

http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/se/www/kde/reuse_patterns

Thank you,

Amir Michail

P.S.  I will soon have another page for the KDE 1.1 libraries.  The
current page is for KDE 2.

Incidently, there is a bug in kfm in KDE 1.1.1 which prevents you from
searching in the lower right frame.  For some reason, kfm insists on
searching in the upper frame only...