List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Need for a general purpose database in KDE (maybe kab)
From:       Uwe Klinger <ukl () fh-zwickau ! de>
Date:       1999-07-09 9:21:05

Hi,

I'm currently developing the kde port of licq, and I want to share it's
contact list with a address database. I know it's possible to access kab's
address database via libkab, but kab lacks of some entries i will need for
icq contactlist information:

* ICQ-UIN in the contact tab
* something like a group field, e.g. family, work, ...

... due to kab's good lib API-Interface this should ain't be a problem

I think it will be quite usefull if the kab interface has a user-browser widget,
which could be used in email programs for example. This will be a new step to
desktop integration :-)

--
Uwe "UKeY1" Klinger <ukl@fh-zwickau.de>
ICQ: 24151366              Student at Applied Science University of West Saxony