List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KOffice file format
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-07-09 0:13:43

Hi,

There was a koffice file format discussion lately
and I did not like it because everybody argued but
nobody wanted to code.

However, I studied the tar file format and I understand it
now. I have code which can write tar files and compress
them a la gzip. Reading code is almost finished.

I only need libz in kdesupport now and then the file
format will be a gzip compressed tar file.

Amen :-)

Bye
Torben