List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Embedding foreign parts
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-07-06 4:24:27

Am Die, 06 Jul 1999 schrieb dsweet@chaos.umd.edu:
> I saw some talk recently that said it was once possible to use kded to
> connect to services across the network.  Good...that's CORBA.
>
> But, was/is it possible to embed and OpenPart which is being served from
> another machine?  Is this part of X?
>
> I have so much reading to do :)

Yes, that WAS possible, but itīs not possible anymore because of  security
problems. We should think about this. Why use CORBA when you can not access
from another host. Some services need this (or should need this).

Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer
projects: Katabase and KImageShop
writing documentation of KOM/OP