List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: localkdedir, kde_appsdir() obsolete...
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-05 14:09:41

Pietro Iglio wrote:

> Isn't much easier to add a method to get the global/group/local
> directory for a given type? Eg:
>
> KStandardDirs::getResourceDirs("apps", KStandardDirs::global)
>     (-> $KDEDIR/share/applnk)
> KStandardDirs::getResourceDirs("apps", KStandardDirs::group)
>     (-> ????/share/applnk)
> KStandardDirs::getResourceDirs("apps", KStandardDirs::user)
>     (-> .kde/share/applnk)
>
> Probably you can do the same with the current interface, but the way
> I suggest is probably much more readable. Alternatively, please could
> you translate the above statements using the current interface?

No. You could have "global/group/local" but also "global/local" or
"local" or "global/group1/group2/group3/local".

I guess you can get an ordered list of all prefixes. Not sure if
there is already a function for that. Only an application that
wants to do some configuring based on these various groups
could possibly be interested in this. Are you sure you need this
in kpanel?

Cheers,
Waldo
--