List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: localkdedir, kde_appsdir() obsolete...
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-05 10:20:16

John Corey wrote:

> Is a locate/loateLocal with an empty string for the second argument
> legal?

locate() searches for an existing file so using "" is not allowed
here. You could use locateLocal() with and empty string. It is
better style to provide a filename as well, if you already know it.

> Also, I've wondered if directories like pics, say in the
> appdata area (like /opt/kde/share/apps/<whatever>/pics), is searched
> when using the type "icon" for locate?

No, but it is if you use "toolbar". Please see kiconloader.h
for a an overview of the default paths used for "icon" / "toolbar".

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE, A New Millennium, A New Desktop                      http://www.kde.org