List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Impression after a month of trouble.
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas_brodu () HP-France-om17 ! om ! hp ! com>
Date:       1999-07-01 16:27:36

Hi all,

Just a few general remarks that stuck me when running kde2 for the first time
in a month (in any order) :

.. I like it all ! Really getting better and better :-)
.. Is there a way to have the true desktop again instead of this small window
named kdesktop ? I couldn't find a way.
.. The first dialog box with Konqi & the wizard is a must. It should be  really
impressive when you discover the environment for the first time.
.. I like the styles, esp. marble motif, but the built-in Qt-motif did crash the
X session.
.. configuring the file manager wasn't possible, nothing happens but I
don't know why (I just had time to compile and run kde2, will investigate ASAP)
.. there is now a double-click policy in the control center. I prefer the
single-click, but maybe that's just me.
.. The theme manager is great.
.. Pixmaps in the theme manager should be tileable IMHO, setting a non-tileable
pixmap on the panel is quite ugly unless it has the right size.
.. The whole thing is too slow. Exception for konqy, that show files faster than
a month ago. Konqy's very nice BTW.

Overall, a great impression, I more than ever like to contribute when I find
the time !

Cheers,

Nicolas Brodu, brodu@iie.cnam.fr
Eleve-Ingenieur 2eme annee (Institut d'Informatique d'Entreprise)
  http://www-eleves.iie.cnam.fr/brodu (libsmb)
KDE developer, brodu@kde.org
  http://www.kde.org, Color outside the lines !