List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kded crashes my system (X)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-27 21:33:13

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, David Faure wrote:
> > error handling with it? Perhaps something like with the >>= operators of
> > CORBA::Any ?
> What does >>= do ?   - you have to get used to the fact that nobody understands
> you when you talk about CORBA stuff, in this case not even me :)))

Sorry for the trouble :-]

The point about the extraction operators of CORBA::Any is that they return
a boolean value, indicating whether the extraction was successful or not.
But having something like this in the streaming stuff would obviously make
lines like "s >> foo >> bar >> blah;" impossible ;-) , making them more
look like
if ( (s >> foo) &&
     (s >> bar) &&
     (s >> blah) )
  {
    //extraction was fine
  }
else //error

...which is in somehow what we want, or?  :-)

Ciao,
  Simon

--
Simon Hausmann       <hausmann@kde.org>