On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, David Faure wrote: > > error handling with it? Perhaps something like with the >>= operators of > > CORBA::Any ? > What does >>= do ? - you have to get used to the fact that nobody understands > you when you talk about CORBA stuff, in this case not even me :))) Sorry for the trouble :-] The point about the extraction operators of CORBA::Any is that they return a boolean value, indicating whether the extraction was successful or not. But having something like this in the streaming stuff would obviously make lines like "s >> foo >> bar >> blah;" impossible ;-) , making them more look like if ( (s >> foo) && (s >> bar) && (s >> blah) ) { //extraction was fine } else //error ...which is in somehow what we want, or? :-) Ciao, Simon -- Simon Hausmann http://www.kde.org/