List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kded crashes my system (X)
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-27 17:42:15

Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> wrote:

> Don't use swapspace, that keeps the system alive. It seems the system
> is completly busy managing swapspace, it's not crashed.

Well, but there is no disk activity. In addition I can switch between
consoles as normal, only all applications have stopped running.

I see here:

autoregistering KDE Helpcenter...
Assert failure in kregfactories line 205

I can do a killall -9 X then and it succeeds, but a few seconds later
the system stops responding. I've never done so many hard reboots the
last few days since I first started using Linux and those chke2fs take
soooo much time. :-(

The curious thing is: running kded in gdb works just fine, the problem
only appears outside gdb. so it must be an uninitialized variable
somewhere...

--
Dirk A. Mueller