List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What is esd? was [esd configure test wanted]
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-06-25 1:02:58

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 Lars Kneschke wrote:
>Christian Esken wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the near future KDE´s new audio server will be able to cooperate
>> peacefully with esd.
>>
>What is esd? It´s not www.esd.org! :-)

Enlightened Sound Daemon. A sound server supported by several
applications (IIRC x11amp, Gnome, and several more). See esound
on freshmeat.

KDE´s new soundserver can directly play on a sound device
AND/OR write to a file AND/OR act as a Proxy and forward all
sound traffic to esd. maudio2 is very modular :-)

Well, I still need this test - currently for kdenonbeta, later for kdebase.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone